Do you love spending time outdoors building outdoor living spaces so awesome you snap your own pictures to show to your family and friends?
We know you. You’re the kind of person that is excited to come to work each day and loves just standing back at the end of the day to marvel at your team’s work.
Better View Landscapes creates high-end residential outdoor living environments. Our projects often include a combination of:
- Natural and native stone (such as Goshen stone) and paver patios and walkways
- Lite masonry or interlocking retaining walls
- Outdoor kitchens
- Fire pits & outdoor fireplaces
- Installation of irrigation
- Outdoor low voltage lighting
We have been in business since 1995, and we have seen steady growth, year after year. This growth has led us to need another Hardscape Foreman. This person would be responsible for their jobsite and managing a small crew.
Experience, Skills, and What the Job Requires
Better View’s Hardscape Foremen…
– …have good communication skills. You are comfortable communicating with homeowners, crew members, the operations manager, and the owner/lead designer.
– …are creative problem solvers. You make quick and cost-effective decisions in the field while reading and interpreting design renderings, plans, and interpreting elevations.
– …are highly organized. Your team depends on you to make sure materials and projects are organized so they have what they need to assist in completing projects.
– … love teaching! You get to train new crew members on what you’ve learned from your many years of experience, sharing best practices, tips and tricks of the trade.
– … are Jacks of All Trades. You and your crew will install all sorts of hardscape elements, as well as plant trees, shrubs, perennials, and install landscape lighting.
– … are experienced plow drivers. During the winter months, you are available to work on-call for snow and ice events and enjoy operating a plow and/or de-icing truck.
The Hardscape Foreman position requires:
- Knowledge of and experience operating an excavator, skid steer loader, cut-off saw, and other industry-specific machines.
- Experience with snowplowing, utilizing a truck-mounted plow
- Clean driving record of at least 3 years
- Masonry experience, construction experience, crew lead experience
- Positive can-do attitude, a good sense of humor, and the desire to teach
- Drivers License (Required)
- Hoisting (Preferred) but will train you and get you certified
- CDL A (Preferred)
We are a drug/alcohol/tobacco-free company.
- Higher than average pay for our industry and region
- Year-Round Position
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Additional Productivity Based Incentives
- Paid Travel Time To & From Jobs
- Paid Training and Professional Development Opportunities in the Off-Season
- Company Cell Phone
- Company refrigerator STOCKED (We’ll ask for your favorite drinks and snacks – get your list ready)
$35,000 – 51,000 (includes benefits) based on experience and licensing.
$500 Sign-on bonus after 90 days.
Hours fluctuate seasonally: 7 am-3:30 pm (peak season) with occasional OT, and some Saturdays required. Must be available on an on-call basis during the snow season.